2018-06-07

No 267 & 326 - Citizen Royal Marines Commando


This is one of my absolute favorite tool watches. How could you ever go wrong with a matte titanium case, 300m depth rating, Eco-Drive, lots of lume, screw down crown and case back and then top it off with a monocoque design? Exactly, you can't, impossible! And then to call it Royal Marines Commando, I mean, you don’t even have to try to sell it to me because I have already bought it. Perhaps the big Royal Marines logo ruined the dial a bit. I think it would have looked a lot cleaner without it. The engraving on the case back alone would have been enough. Anyhow, this watch is just awesome. A perfect everyday/adventure watch. The only feature it lacks is a bezel but at the same time I think it looks much better without one. The 40mm case with the 20mm lugs makes it sit perfect and you have tons of strap options to play around with. I didn’t like the kevlar strap it came on and mainly wore my first one on a black Isofrane. The second one got equipped with an original Seiko Marine Master 300 rubber which gave it a unique and cool look but it also was very comfortable once you’d broken in the rubber and it became a little softer and more flexible. 

#267 - The Citizen Royal Marines Commando, ref. BN0110-06E.


On the Isofrane.


I can only recommend this watch. I haven’t really got anything bad to say about it. It’s affordable and you really get your money’s worth. If you don’t like the Royal Marines logo there are a few other versions of this watch that has pretty much the same specifications but without the logo. 

#326 - The second one on the kevlar strap.

On the MM300 rubber.


 



© All pictures by a Watch Flipper's Diary unless noted.